Sep 2008

On the "ber" months, spending and sex depreivation
by missP on Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:26 am
Today is the first day of the "ber" months. The weather is getting cooler again. Well, we never really had a proper summer this year. Just a couple of weeks of real warm weather. Gossh!How time flies. Just a while ago, we greeted each other happy Christmases and wonderful new year ahead". Now, it is almost that time again.

So, what has happened since then? Let me see, Think ... hmmnn. Actually, not much. My world revolved pretty much on two main things, aside from work. Having a baby and shopping. Okay, you can say that most of our activities involved money spending. And that it is not a good year then, eh?! Well, it depends actually. When we die, we cannot bring our mooohhhhlaaaaahs with us to heaven anyway, so why not enjoy it now, right?

So this year:..

I started working two jobs. stupidme stupidme
I started very strict with my diet: "No more food intake after 18:00 (6pm)!" scratch scratch
Hubby had very big car accident. stop smash hushmouth
Hubby and I bought our first investment in another continent. sailing shrug flee
We changed cars. igiveup flatcat broke
Hubby and I decided finally to do something about our being childless. cloud9 baby baby doctor
I became active in sports again. Applause Dancing Applause
I met with good old friends again. bananas bananas
I got operated in my uterus. nurse bwaaah doctor
I had a taste of how it is like to stay at home for one month with no stress. yep yep yep
I finally could get my dream set of Dining Ware. clapping clapping
I had another job offer which I had to turn down. shrug sorry shrug stupidme
after (7 years) and 9 months of trying, still pregnant, huwaaaaa. bwaaah
I became brave and got really quiet eccentric by enlisting at a spa that is quiet E! bouncenburn bouncenburn
I deferred my membership at the gym. - (What with the operation and having two jobs and my gallivanting days with old friends, I simply have no time for it at the moment). blackteeth blackteeth
I started blogging again. Even got my wordpress blog up and running too. joy joy joy
No "S" after the operation this will be for minimum of three months! (No wonder I'm still not pregnant!)hahaha. notmyfault help nope scratch
Therefore, I'm thinking of dumping my jobs so I can concentrate on blogging and having (sex), este... babies! whisper yep Rolling Eyes whisper Rolling Eyes


In Europe, one learns to strive hard by working two jobs. Live a very hectic life. Look up to summer, sunshine and warm weather, like kids wait eagerly for Christmas and Santa Claus. Spend an enormous amount on having kids, not included yet in calculation the expenditures that will be incurred once they come.

Oh yes, blogging and sex takes so much of one's time, that if and when one want's to get pregnant, then both has to be put aside until main objective is achieved! Ha, ha, ha.. smile
Yayyy, I'm going back to work... already?
by missP on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 am
Two more days! Yes, two more days of long nights, lazy days and ... housecleaning.

How time flies. I stayed for exactly a month out of work. I got admitted in the hospital. On the 5th of August and got operated on the same day. I stayed there for 6 days, according to hospital records. I know, because they just sent me a bill of 60€ that I need to pay… that’s 10€ per day. (hmmmnn,, Think Think Think ) "I have to pay the amount before 8th of October at the latest. I’ll get that settled before then."

Anyway, on Saturday will be my firs t working day again. Back to the hectic, no constant on the run schedule at the airport. Luckily, I don’t have to wake up really early because I will start only at 10:00 a.m. Today, I am up early because I have to go to my doctor for my final check up. So far, I feel very much better now. My wounds have healed very well and are looking good. I have basically four cuts, three bikinis just below the abdomen and a tiny slit just at the navel. They are also not painful anymore. But from the inside, I still feel some pain. Although very much tolerable now than it was three weeks ago. I just need to wait and see what the diagnosis of the doctor will be. I also need to get some paper works from him that is quiet important. I hope I will not forget to ask for them.

So, the big question is: IF I AM REDAY TO GO BACK TO WORK?

At one point I think I am. I have been cooped up too long at home. I didn’t go to work for a month, but I was also not doing any household chores because of my status. So, in short, I also have to finish a lot of work here at home. Each day I stay longer here at home, I feel like I want to quit my job. But that is because I can see my incompetence as a working wife. I feel that I am neglecting my share household duties. I feel that I am letting hubby do all the work here at home and then bring the dough still at the end of the month. Hence, I have the need to go to back to work already. Yes, I am a disgrace for running away from my problems.

On the other hand, I feel like I am not really actually fir to go back to work. In my type of job, I need all the patience; I need my physical and psychological well being to take into big consideration. Would I last 9 hours of dealing with passengers and their problems? If I am not feeling well, how would I manage to assist them myself?

Anyway, at the end of the day, may it be at work or here at home, I still have tons to do. It doesn’t really make a big difference. It’s just a matter of geography. But the amount of work is still the same. Admittedly though, If I work here at home, I have the convenience to lie down the minute I start feeling ill again, unlike at work where I won’t be able to do that. If I start feeling sick there, I can only go to the clinic, where I will be forced to take a dose of pain reliever and then will be ordered back to my work again in a matter of less than 30 minutes.

So, on Saturday, will be “THE” Day. Okay, So I expect that the RED carpet will be rolled out for me…. yep yep yep Yeah stupidme stupidme stupidme yeah…hairout hairout hairout I should finish my house hold chore now.. or at least the laundry. So hubby can do the ironing on weekend, when I have to drag my a** to the airport again.
Exotic passion helps me fall asleep...
by missP on Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:05 pm
I worked from 05:30 until 16:30 at the airport today. On my way home, I dropped by at the car wash. Unfortunately, hindi uso dito ang pa car wash na tulad sa Pinas. There you can go to a car wash and they will do everything for you. Even wax-ing the tires. Dito, we have to do the finishing touches like vacuuming the interior of the car and put tire wax as well. When I got home, I had to prepare dinner and clean the kitchen a little afterwards. I definitely had a very long day. I feel like I really need the rest. It is now quarter to nine o’clock in the evening. In 15 minutes I should be asleep already coz my day will begin quiet early again tomorrow. Hay nako. It will be like this during the next days, weeks and yes, perhaps in the next months or even years. It depends on how long I can cope up with the stress, harharhar.

I’m relaxing. I’m lying in bed, enjoying my cold bottle of Bit Passion. It’s a mixture of beer and cherry fruit drink. It has quite an exotic and refreshing caribic drink. It should help to calm my nerves down a little. And eventually lead me into deep slumber. Perhaps, it will….. maybe not… but I am slowly feeling the effets alreddadjdknvxn,cm………….. I htdgaklks.gmnjdsrueztiejn,nvcb <……………………………..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
My OPM selection
by missP on Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:58 pm
I put up my OPM radio again, this time it's from I used to have one from radioblog. Somehow, radioblog decided they don't want to be used and abused anymore, hehehe. You should check out the deezer site. It is very interesting. Enjoy my selection... in the meantime, I have to get back to my f****n desk and get my heavy load of an a*** to work!

Frankfurt Filipino Basketball Tournament 13.09.08
by missP on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:45 am
I was in Frankfurt again last Saturday around lunch time. I got a call from some Filipina friends that there was going to be a basketball Inter-Europe competition organized by the PBAF (Philippine Basketball Association, Frankfurt). I got there late,m as usual.

K-Town team with the Galactic Dancers

The place where the games were held was really big. There were some Filipinos selling food, lunch (rice and different kinds of viands), meriendas (palitaw, suman, nilagang mais, halo-halo, puto, etc) and some Tagalog film videos.

BARKADA team with the Galactic Dancers

The food was as usual great. But i couldn't eat immediately, since I was supposed to be one of the official scorers for the games. I had to go inside right away and do my job, or earn my keep, so to speak! After two games though, I was given a marker for lunch. I rushed immediately outside the gym to claim my lunch. It was a lot! They were very generous in giving the guests lunch portions. We ate outside the gym for awhile. Pinoy style of eating out (eating outside the house). We sat by the steps of the entrance to the gym, some opted to stand and ate our food with gusto. Then we went inside again to finish the games for the day.

Frankfurt Finest team with the Galactic Dancers

Speaking of which, there were five teams of players. Originally, the organizers invited 14 teams. Out of the 14 only 8 confirmed that they would join. Then as usual, being Pinoys, out of the 8 only 5 came. The other 3 cancelled on the last minute. So, instead of holding the games for two days in a row, the officials decided to hold the competition for one day only.

GENT team with the Galactic Dancers

It was a rage. The teams were all very good. K-Town from Kaiserlautern, BARAKDA from Kölm, The team from Gent, Belgium, Frankfurt Finest and another team also from Frankfurt who call themselves ENFORCE.

GENT team during the awarding ceremonies

After the semi finals, only the ENFORCE team had to go, since they did not qualify to join the Finals anymore. The K-Town won 4th, Gent team was 3rd, Frankfurt Finest came second and the champion, who played extremely well was Barkada from Köln. The almost had straight wins during the elimination rounds, had K-Town not won in the third game.

ENFORCE team with the Galactic Dancers

It was amazing where the boys got their energy. The games started at around 10 am that morning and lasted until half past 7 pm. I can imagine they were really tired in the end, but i was even more surprised when the groups from Belgium, Köln and Kaiserlautern decided they would drive back home that night. The originalplan was that they would stay overnight in Germany. But I guess, since there wasn't any scheduled games any more for the following day, they decided to go back home instead. Though some stayed behind and joined the party held at a garden in Sindlingen, Germany after wards. Unfortunately, I couldn't join the party anymore since I had to go to work early the following day.

The Game Committee and Referrees with Mr. Gody Manalo from Luxembourg

by missP on Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:08 pm

Para akong minumulto ng konsiyensya ko...
by missP on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:54 pm
Nung nagte-training palang ako sa pangalawang trabaho ko, meron ako na encounter na pasahero na matanda na. Mukhang pagod na pagod at naghihintay lang na ma i check in ang bagahe niya. Sa haba ng pila sa check in counters namin ay naupo muna ang matanda sa upuan sa tapat ng counters namin. Siguro sa tindi ng pagod niya ay naka tulog siya. Hindi namin alam na isa pala siya sa mga pasahero namin. Hanggang sa nag sara na ang check in counters at gate ay saka pa lamang siya naalimpungatan. Napansin niya na wala na ang pila, kaya dali-dali siyang tumakbo sa harap ng counters namin. Nag liligpit na kami ng mga gamit nung mga oras na iyon. Nakipag talo, nag makaawa siya, pero, hindi rin siya naka lipad nung araw na iyon.

First time ko naman naka kita ng ganung incidente, kaya awang-awa ako sa kanya. Ni hindi ako maka tingin ng diretso sa kanya. Paulit-ulit siyang nagpaliwanag at nag maka awa sa mga kasamahan ko sa trabaho, pero wala na rin silang nagawa. Sumusunod lang naman sila sa patakaran ng kumpanya. Kung ilang araw ko rin siyang nakita na nag pa kalat-kalat sa airport. Naghihintay ng chance na makalipad siya. Wala kasi siyang pambayad ng rebooking fee, kaya hindi din siya naka alis agad. Sa araw-araw na nakikita ko siya noon, lalong namumutla ang mukha niya. Naisip ko siguro sa gutom at sa tensyion kung paano niya magagawan ng paraan na makalipad pabalik sa Amerika. Gusto ko siyang tulungan kahit man lang sana mabigyan ko siya ng makakain, pero mahirap kasi kung makikita ako ng mga kasamahan ko sa trabaho ay baka mapagalitan lang ako. Naduwag ako, oo… inaamin ko. Wala na akong iba pang eksplanasyon sa inasal ko.

Hanggang sa isang araw, ibinalita ng mga kasamahan ko na nakalipad din ang matanda pabalik ng Amerika. Lumapit daw siguro sa Caritas Foundation. Pero, wala talagang nakaka alam kung paano siya naka raise ng amount pambayad ng rebooking fee niya. Hanggang sa pagsampa ng mga paa niya sa eroplano, nandun pa rin ang pag aalala niya. Alam ko dahil sumabay ako sa kanya sa pag baba papunta sa aircraft. Kitang-kita sa mga mata niya. Parang natatakot siyang baka meron pa ring mangyari na pwedeng mag hadlang sa pag alis niya nung araw na iyon. Meron ba kaya siyang ibang kinatatakutan? Ano naman kaya yun? Pero, nahalata ko ang buntong hininga niya ng itinuro sa kanya ng stewardess kung saan ang upuan niya. Natuwa ako para sa kanya, pero meron pa rin dalang guilty feelings. Dahil, sa kaloob-looban ko ay may naramdaman ako nag uudyok sa akin na tumulong ako, subalit hindi ko ito ginawa. Sa palagay ko nga, mas malalim ang buntong hininga ko nung mga oras na iyon din.

Mag mula noon ay hindi na sumagi sa isipan ko ang matanda, pero ang incidente na iyon ay hindi ko totally nakalimutan. Hanggang kaninang umaga, parang deja vu ang pakiramdam ko. Pag upo kos a harap ng computer ko, ay tiningnan ko na agad ang mga naka lagay na komentar tungkol sa flight namin. Meron 8 naka registered comments. May infants, may wheel chair request, may pet check in at meron kakaibang komentar. Sabi dun sa passenger number eight: “Passenger stinks, no…” Nag tawanan ang iba kong kasamahan sa trabaho nung ipinakita ko sa kanila ito. Napa lakas pa naman ang tawanan nila, kaya siguradong narinig iyon nung mag pasahero na nasa tapat ng counters namin at naghihintay sa pila. Ang nakalagay pala: „Pax stinks, no proper hygiene“.

Sino naman kaya ito, ang tanong ko sa sarili ko. Nag simula na kaming mag check in, kaya naka limutan ko na ang tungkol sa komentar na iyon.Hanggang sa pag punta kos a Gate namin, ay hindi ko na naisip ang nangyari. Maya-maya lang konti ay lumapit ang Gate controller namin. Nag biagy siya ng warning na paparating na daw ang pasaherong mabaho. Pag tingin ko sa harap ko, ang bumulaga sa akin ay ang matandang hindi nakalipad nung nagsisimula palang ako sa kumpanya namin. Kinalabit ko kaagad ang kasamahan ko, at sumenyas ako sa kanya kung naaalala niya pa ang matandang iyon. Hindi na daw. Saan ko daw nakilala. Samantalang, nagkakagulo na ang mga kasamahan ko. Pilit nilang pinalitan upuan ng matanda. Pinaupo nila ito sa pinaka dulo ng eroplano at sinigurado nilang wala itong katabi sa upuan niya. Naaawa daw kasi sila sa tao na makakatabi nito ng 8 oras sa lobb ng eroplano.

Understandable naman, kasi talaga naman napaka sama na nang singaw ng matanda. Ni hindi namin ma i describe kung anong klaseng amoy yun. Malansa, nakaka suka, nakaka diri, ah, basta. Nakaka awa talaga siya. Nag tatanong siya kung bakit binago ang seating assignment niya. Walang nakapag bigay sa kanya ng sagot. Lahat sila, minadai lang na maka pasok na siya agad. Nag reklamo siya pero walang nakinig sa kanya. Kaya sinisi niya ang bansang Alemanya sa pag uugali ng mga taong nakatira dito. Masasama daw kasi. Dito lang daw sa Germany nangyayari ang ganitong sitwasyun. Unfair daw, etc, etc. Wala pa rin nag bigay pansin sa kanya. Naririnig ko lahat ng hinaing niya, pero, sa pangalawang pagkakataon, wala na naman akong nagawa. Ang sumagi sa isip ko ay kung bakit nandito na naman siya sa Germany. Ano ba kaya ang dahilan kung bakit pabalik-balik siya dito. May dinadalaw ba siya? Kamag anak ba o kaibigan? Ilang araw kaya siya namamalagi dito? Saan siya tumitira?

Ipinag tanong ko sa kasamahang ko nag check in sa kanya kung anong lahi nung matanda. Pinanganak daw sa Iran pero American passport holder daw ang matanda. Pero yun lang ang impormasyon na nakuha ko. Dahil yun lang din ang lama ng kasamahan kos a trabaho. Umuwi kami na parehong nag tataka at napa isip ng husto. Hanggangs a pag baba kos a train, ay naitanim ko tuloy s aisip ko. Sa susunod na Makita ko ulit ang pasaheron iyun, itatanong ko sa kanya ang mga katanungang naglalaro sa isip ko. Sana lang sa susunod na biyahe niya pabalik dito sa Alemanya ay nagta trabaho pa rin ako sa kumpanya na pinapasukan ko ngayon.
Why we send forwarded jokes
by missP on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:15 am
***Did you ever stop and think why the forwarded emails became rampant nowadays? When I open my email accounts, I spend a good 15 to 30 minutes just screening which are real mails, spam and forwarded mails. The second and last, I normally just delete without reading. It didn't make sense. I don't send them myself, unless I am feeling vengeful, Wink (hehehe). But today, I broke my rule and opened this one I received as a forwarded email in one of my yahoo groups accounts. It sounds reasonable at least to me, hence the the post. Maybe this will help us chanage our attitude toward this f*****g, teeth grinding, head bugging "trash mails" that we get from our long time friends, acquaintances and relations. Actually, some of them are not really that bad. Although, admittedly, they can really get annoying at times.***


A man and his dog were walking along a road. The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It looked like fine marble. At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.

When he was close enough, he called out, "Excuse me, where are we?"

"This is Heaven, sir," the man answered.

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?" the man asked.

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up."

The man gestured, and the gate began to open.

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked.

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets."

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of another long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book.

"Excuse me!" he called to the man. "Do you have any water?"

"Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in."

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to the dog.

"There should be a bowl by the pump."

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked.

"This is Heaven," he answered.

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said. "The man down the road said that was Heaven, too."

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell."

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?"

"No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind."


Sometimes, we wonder why friends keep forwarding jokes to us without writing a word.

Maybe this will explain.

When you are very busy, but still want to keep in touch, guess what you do? You forward jokes.

When you have nothing to say, but still want to keep contact, you forward jokes.

When you have something to say, but don't know what, and don't know how, you forward jokes.

Also to let you know that you are still remembered, you are still important, you are still loved, you are still cared for, guess what you get?

A forwarded joke.

So, next time if you get a joke, don't think that you've been sent just another forwarded joke, but that you've been thought of today and your friend on the other end of your computer wanted to send you a smile.

You are all welcome @ my water bowl anytime.